Pages

Sunday 7 February 2010

No sleep till Monday

There's something about Sunday nights. Inevitably, I find myself sitting up till the early hours of the morning, for no particular reason except that I just don't want to go to bed. Whether it's a reluctance to let go of the weekend, or a subconscious desire to postpone Monday morning for as long as possible, I have no idea. Whatever the reason, I can always find 101 things to do to delay matters. And even if I do decide to have an 'early' night on a Sunday, I cannot settle and end up getting up again. All of which leads to me being even more tired and grumpy on a Monday, which is a grumpy day for most people anyway.

You could be forgiven for assuming that it's because I have a lie-in on a Sunday morning which scrambles my body-clock. It's true, I did today, but usually Sundays are my turn to get up with the children at whatever godforsaken hour of the morning they decide they're going to wake up and start playing some game that involves lots of giggling.

I've just turned over and found that the Superbowl is being shown. I have no interest whatsoever in American football (there was a few months when I was around 10 that I found it fascinating for some reason and decided I would support the Miami Dolphins, but it didn't last long) - what's the betting that I'll watch the coverage to the end at a scary 4.30am, just because it's on?

This post comes to you with thanks to the inestimable @Cerithomas for encouraging me to get on with it when I couldn't get past the first line.

No comments:

Post a Comment