Pages

Saturday 6 February 2010

Better late than never?

It's fast approaching 2am, and I should obviously be in bed. Instead, I'm sat here with a large glass of wine, frantically trying to think of something to put in this blog so I don't miss a day for the first time (the rules do say that the day doesn't end till you go to bed, right?).
The reason being, having discovered that there was nothing on the tv (except an old episode of Silent Witness/Tyst Vitne that we've seen before) and being incredibly annoyed at the numpty upstairs playing the electric guitar, it of course made perfect sense to start playing Fable - the Lost Chapters which arrived in the post yesterday from one of my lovely sisters. That was 5 hours ago, and I've only just come up for air.
The stupid thing is, I can't even tell you 100% that I actually like the wretched game. I loved it at the beginning, and I was liking it again at the end, but there was an hour or so when I was just doing seemingly pointless (and difficult) quests that I was starting to wonder whether it was worth bothering with. Happily, after 2 hours of being really rubbish at fighting, I've finally got to the next bit of story and things feel like they're back on track.
There was a great little werewolf mini-plot which made me think of playing Doom years and years ago, as I had headphones in (to drown out the aforementioned guitar) and every time I thought I'd killed it I could suddenly hear it growling behind me. Think I know what I'll probably be dreaming about tonight.
Will I play it again tomorrow? Quite likely. Although I shall be happier when I find out what happened to all the new magic spells that I learnt which then promptly vanished when I actually wanted to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment