Pages

Thursday 11 February 2010

Cafe latte cookies

Being the eternal teacher's pet that I am, I've decided to take in some fika for my last Swedish lesson this afternoon. And this is what I made:



(The recipe below is from Anne's Food - I heartily recommend checking out some of her other recipes too)

Makes about 30

220 g butter, at room temperature
125 g brown sugar
125 g sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
275 g flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
30 g cocoa powder
1 tsp instant coffee
150 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
150 g white chocolate, finely chopped

Beat butter and both sugars until the mixture is fluffy and feels light. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat well. Mix the flour with salt and baking soda, and stir this into the cookie dough.
Now, remove half of the dough and place in a separate bowl. Add cocoa powder, instant coffee and dark chocolate to one of the bowls, and the white chocolate to the other bowl.
Scoop about 1 tbsp of each cookie dough, and place together on a baking sheet. Make sure to leave a lot of room between each cookie - I could fit about 10 on one cookie sheet.
Bake at 175°C for 8-10 minutes.


They taste awesome, and I certainly won't be taking them all with me!

1 comment:

  1. Oh... WOW! Those look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete