Pages

Tuesday 16 February 2010

Conversations

First Swedish conversation class was today. Not quite as bad as I expected (after sulking round the flat like a stroppy teenager who doesn't want to go school this morning) - I really thought I would be the least capable of stringing a sentence together after my performance in recent weeks, but I surprised myself with what I managed to come out with. And I was by no means the least able there, not the best, but not the worst.

I am in awe of the other ladies in the group though. There are 2 Brazilians, a Bulgarian, and a Dutch woman. The fact that they are all managing to learn Swedish via English rather than from their first language made me feel incredibly inadequate. I comfort myself with the fact that my Swedish accent is better though. (At least I think it is.)

Next week we have to talk about our hobbies. I should probably find one that's more interesting than 'playing on the internet' between now and then I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment