Pages

Saturday 27 February 2010

I've started so I'll finish

When it comes to games, my perseverance has been somewhat lacking recently. I'm gradually wearing Mr.B down in my attempts to persuade him to let me buy a 360 and/or PS3, but don't feel like I can totally justify it until I've completed more of the games I've got for the consoles we already have.

Christmas left me with a huge stack of games thanks to gifts and a trip round a 2nd hand games shop where I just bought a load of random stuff because it was cheap. Some of which weren't even worth the £1.99 I paid for them, but that's besides the point.

My list of owned but unfinished games currently looks like this:

PS2
Dark Chronicle
XIII
The Da Vinci Code
Atelier Iris 3
Persona 3
LoTR The Third Age
LoTR Fellowship of the Ring
FF XII
Myst III

Wii
Zack&Wiki
CSI Hard Evidence
Tunguska

DS
Scribblenauts
My Sims Kingdom

Mac
Fable (the Lost Chapters)
C&C Tiberium Wars

I suspect the problem is that I don't have the time or concentration usually to pick one game and play it often enough so I keep forgetting where I am and what I'm supposed to be doing when I do play them. And some of them have just failed to grab me altogether. I did finally manage to complete Zelda Spirit Tracks last night, so need to pick one to get on with next. Most likely Fable or FFXII - depends whether I can kick Mr.B off the PS2 (he is addicted to Need for Speed Underground) for long enough...

3 comments:

  1. Heh I have also been dreaming/hinting for a ps3 or xbox for a while.. yet I have a pile of unfinished Wii, DS and PS2 games too.

    I love Zelda games, but you have to play them for so long, it's easy to forget where you are after a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, we have whole shelves of freebie games I've never got around to playing (particularly shameful given at least one of them is one Angus worked on)... never stopped me from insisting we need another XBox/PS3/random-item-of-geekery-I-can't-really-justify-yet-NEED-nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the main reason I got to the end of this Zelda was because it was on the DS so I could quite easily squeeze in half an hour here and there during the day without too much effort regardless of what everyone else was doing!

    Rachel - probably safer not to play the one that Angus worked on, avoids any potential awkward situations! ;)

    ReplyDelete