Pages

Wednesday 10 March 2010

Taking a break

Yesterday was my first miss of oneaday after a 50 day run. I'm pretty pleased (and very surprised) at getting so far, but think that it's time to take a break for a week or so. It started out as fun, and a challenge, but has recently descended into being a chore and I have enough daily chores as it is. Not that I've quite run out of things to write about, but my enthusiasm for writing about anything at all has disappeared and that doesn't make for interesting reading. I don't want to give up altogether, and hopefully I'll feel a little better about things in a week or so and can pick up the gauntlet again.

We'll see.

But thanks to everybody who has made the time to read my frequently inane ramblings - I don't think I would have even got this far otherwise.

2 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of a few ideas to perhaps make #oneaday a bit more interesting for those finding it a slog - like one day a week we have a one-word topic name and everyone has to write something based on that word. Or themed days, things like that. All will be revealed when I eventually get the site properly updated.

    In the meantime, please do come back! It doesn't matter if you don't write something brilliant every day (God knows I've not) so here's hoping you feel refreshed after your short break and can get back in the game!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your ideas! I won't stay away too long, I hope...

    ReplyDelete